Valentines’ Day is right around the corner. If you are flying solo this holiday, you are not alone. I am right there with you and so are many other awesome people here in LA.
You don’t have to spend the night at home hiding from seeing silly couples having mushy romantic dates. There are some great events going on around town where you can celebrate how much fun it is to be single! So grab all your single friends and get out there!
Who knows — you just might end up with a Valentine after all!
1. One place I want to be on Valentines Day is Birds Café and bar in Hollywood. They are having their annual Anti-Valentines Day party. The bar will be decorated with voo doo dolls. They will be serving black heart martinis, and they will be playing the best heartache songs. Reservations start at 8pm.
5925 Franklin Ave, Hollywood; (323) 465-0175.
2.Howl at the Moon in Universal City Walk, invites all of LA’s sexy singles to their Love Sux Party! “Punch Cupid in the Face!” That will be the theme of the night that will also include ex-boyfriend classes and 86 oz Bad Romance Buckets (featuring SKYY Vodka). There will be lots of games and prizes including a frozen t-shirt contest!
*Free admission with a mutilated picture of you ex!
1000 Universal Studios Blvd Universal City (818)-755-9970
3. At Lucky Strike in Hollywood you might come alone, but you may not end up leaving alone when you attend “My Naughty Valentine” party. Come dressed up and have a naughty V-day.
They’ll have speed dating or you can take a dare and spin “The Naughty Wheel of Challenges,” and there will be more games to bring out your sexy, playful side. The party starts at 7pm and goes till 2am.
6801 Hollywood Blvd
If you feel like having a good laugh on Valentines Day, here are two great comedy shows designed to make you laugh at others’ unfortunate love lives!
4. After you hit up Birds and get your drink on, head next door to The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in Hollywood for an improv show featuring some of their best performers that will be making fun of bad dates, breakups, embarrassing encounters, and unrequited love. Laugh at love for only $5.
5919 Franklin Ave, Hollywood
For reservations call (323) 908-8702
5. If you think your love life is bad, come and listen to the true stories of “Doomed Valentines” from the performers of “Mortified” at King King Theater in Hollywood. Witness people telling their most hilarious and embarrassing true stories based on diaries, letters, journals and home movies. Come and laugh and feel better about yourself! $15 in advance or $20 at the door.
6555 Hollywood Blvd (323) 960- 5765
If you still want to find someone special to spend the holiday with, here are a few pre-Valentines Day singles mixers that may help with that.
6. Catch Matchmaking is hosting a Los Angeles Singles Event in Hollywood on Saturday Feb 11th at Boulevard 3 from 7:30 till 9:30. It’ll be a no pressure setting to meet lots of local singles. The men will have keys and the women will have locks. There will be lots of prizes and at the end of the event stay and dance the night away. $26 online or $30 at the door.
Boulevard 3 6523 W Sunset Boulevard (310) 751-4969
More info: http://www.catchmatchmaking.com/february-11-2012los-angeles-singles-event/
7. Also on Saturday night, Feb 11th, Rush Street in downtown Culver City is hosting a “Meet your Valentine” Party! Come have drinks, dance upstairs or mingle on the patio. There’s also a stripper pole if you want to show some “moves.” The next day come for Sunday Brunch featuring a bottomless Bloody Mary bar and endless Mimosas.
9546 Washington Blvd., Culver City; (310) 837-9546
8. Renee Piane is in the business of helping people fall in love with her Rapid Dating and Networking events. Her 12th Annual Valentines Extravaganza Cocktail Mixer and Dance Party will be Sunday Feb 12th from 6:30-8pm at The Mark in West LA. In addition to dancing, drinks and socializing, there will also be a tarot reader, massages, and giveaways including a raffle prize for a trip to Mexico! $25 in advance or $35 at the door.
9320 W. Pico Blvd Call for more information 310-827-1100
9. Last, if you don’t feel like going out, but still want to “get away,” head to The Orlando Hotel on Third St for their spectacular “Girlfriends PJ Party Valentines Day Getaway.” It’s $1,450 for you and three of your best girlfriends or $362.50 per person, and the packages includes a one-night stay in a two-bedroom suite, four handcrafted cocktails at The Churchill, four in-suite mani-pedis, a 15% discount at BedHead, four $50.00 gift certificates at Hands on Third craft center. This special runs From Feb 1st- 28th.
8384 W Third St Call for reservations 800-62-HOTEL
More info: http://www.theorlando.com/specials.html
Even if you don’t have a significant other you can still have fun on the 14th. Clearly, Valentines Day isn’t just for couples anymore!
**Liesl Jackson is a writer/actress/comedian/pet sitter living in the heart of Hollywood. She loves the arts, animals, volunteering, traveling, and attempting to learn the acoustic guitar. Email her at email@example.com. Follow her on twitter @SillyLiesl and follow The Pacific Punch @ThePacificPunch.***
Liesl Jackson is a writer/actress/comedian/pet sitter living in the heart of Hollywood. She loves the arts, animals, volunteering, traveling, and attempting to learn the acoustic guitar. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on twitter @SillyLiesl and follow The Pacific Punch @ThePacificPunch.