This Valentine’s Day, you can go beyond the roses and champagne and love your sweetheart AND your own heart at La Valencia in San Diego County. The iconic, cliff top pink hotel on the main avenue of the tiny seaside village is offering a “Saving My Heart for You at La V” package for cupid’s big day which includes a range of heart healthy activities for couples.
For those who would rather focus on a more sensory experience, the 112-room hotel is also offering a “Feel and Sea Package” that includes a feature for each of the five senses.
La Valencia is supporting the American Heart Association’s “Go Red” campaign in February – even lighting the hotel’s iconic tower red throughout the month.
With your choice of room categories, the package also includes a link to an online health assessment tool, red wine with proceeds going to cardiovascular research, a pedometer, a book of love quotations, tickets for a soul feeding visit to a local museum and a kayak adventure for two in a nearby nature preserve.
- At the time of booking, each couple is sent a link to the American Heart Association’s online MY LIFE CHECK assessment tool, a 7-minute survey that encourages users to commit to individualized steps to get a bit healthier.
- At check-in, when the couple presents confirmation that the survey was completed, they will be given a hand-selected bottle of Ehlers Estate red wine from our Sommelier – wines that combine power, grace and sophistication. This nonprofit winery awards over $30 million annually to directly support international cardiovascular research.
- A step in the right direction: a pedometer will be waiting in the room to help measure the steps you take to get healthy as a couple.
- A certificate for a copy of WORDS OF LOVE; Quotations from the Heart by Alan Klein – “A book of over 500 bon mots, including the brilliance of everyone from Oprah and Ovid to Aristotle and Dear Abby, this volume of touching quotes and upbeat witticisms is guaranteed to make readers feel good. These are quotes to cuddle up to – they will touch the heart, bring a smile to the face, and make readers want to share the love!” And, the best part is, certificates can be redeemed just a healthy walk away at La Jolla’s beloved Warwick’s bookstore.
- Express your love artistically with Admission Tickets to the La Jolla branch of the internationally recognized San Diego Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Experience the wonders of nature together with an exhilarating guided exercise that can be done with ease – a kayak adventure exploring La Jolla’s 6,000 acre water park/ecological preserve and marine life refuge.
Experience the essence of La V – a beautiful balance of old world charm and 21st century luxury – with a celebration of the senses:
- HEAR – The sound of the Pacific as it lulls you to sleep from your oceanfront accommodations, complete with plush bedding and luxurious baths.
- SEE – Schedule your arrival for a sunset view from your private terrace, enjoy being 1 of 2 and indulgently sip 1990 RWC Le Mesnil Blanc de Blanc Brut – a vintage with only 43 bottles available worldwide and La V holds 2 in her vault!
- SMELL – A gift of romance – receive a handcrafted scent , personally designed for you, by Tijon of La Jolla/ St. Maartin.
- TASTE – Dine al fresco on your own Villa balcony or terrace with special menu from La V’s award-winning, Executive Chef Daniel Barron.
- TOUCH – Relax with choice of couples massage or a private sunrise yoga class.
- Breakfast and Parking , plus the I Heart Amenities
About La Valencia: Owned and managed by Pacifica Host Hotels – a division of Pacifica Companies – La V features 112 completely renovated guest rooms and villas overlooking Ellen Browning Scripps Park and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Dining options include THE MED, a signature ocean facing restaurant and terrace with the adjoining La Sala Lounge and Café La Rue. Ocean view banquet rooms accommodate 10 to 175 guests and the property includes terraced gardens, heated pool & spa, fitness room and business center. La V is located in the center of the Village of La Jolla and steps away to premier retail and dining. Renowned leisure destinations are minutes away and include the La Jolla Cove, Torrey Pines State Park, Scripps Ocean Institute, the Birch Aquarium as well as UCSD / La Jolla Playhouse and the La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art.
Lindsay Taub is an LA-based writer/editor who covers travel, lifestyle, culture, music/arts, food, wellness, and more. She calls Los Angeles home when she's there, but prefers to leave the city for the mountains and open spaces as often as possible. She loves cooking, gardening, live music, hiking with her three rescue dogs, and rustic luxury. Follow her on instagram/twitter @lindsaytaub and follow the Pacific Punch @ThePacificPunch or email email@example.com. Learn more at www.lindsaytaub.com and www.voyagevixens.com .***