Three cheers for our southern sister! San Diego was recognized for its award-winning attractions, museums, hotels, parks and beaches in Trip Advisor’s recently announced 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards. Six San Diego facilities ranked in the Top 25 in a variety of categories, including Balboa Park named the #5 “Top Park in the United States” and the USS Midway Museum named the #13 “Top Museum in the United States” and the #25 “Top Museum in the World.”
“San Diego has always been a popular destination for visitors from around the globe,” states Joe Terzi, President and CEO of the San Diego Tourism Authority. “However, with top placements across diverse categories, from our museums to our hotels and resorts, the Trip Advisor awards confirm that San Diego continues to evolve as a travel destination and is being recognized for more than just our spectacular weather.”
- Balboa Park, often referred to as the Smithsonian of the West, ranked #5 in the “Top 25 Parks in the United States.”
- Picturesque La Jolla Cove in the luxurious oceanfront community of La Jolla ranked #8 in the “Top 25 Beaches in the United States.”
- The USS Midway Museum, one of the most popular naval aviation museums in the nation, ranked #13 in the “Top 25 Museums in the United States” and #25 in the “Top 25 Museums in the World.”
- The Dolphin Motel, located in picturesque Point Loma just minutes from the San Diego International Airport and downtown San Diego, ranked #18 in the “Top 25 Bargain Hotels in the United States.”
- SeaWorld San Diego, a 189-acre park on Mission Bay with major shows, fascinating attractions and dozens of exhibits containing marine life from around the globe, ranked #19 in the “Top 25 Amusement Parks in the United States.”
- The Grand Del Mar, San Diego’s premier resort destination combining old-world charm of a Mediterranean estate with modern luxury, ranked #19 in the “Top 25 Hotels in the United States.”
Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards were established in 2002 and are based on millions of reviews and opinions from travelers around the world. The annual awards reflect “the best of the best” for service, quality and customer satisfaction; the complete list of 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards winners can be found here.
For more information on San Diego’s offerings, including vacation packages and valuable coupons for attractions, restaurants and more, visit the San Diego Tourism Authority’s website at www.sandiego.org or call 619-236-1212.
*Photos courtesy San Diego Tourism
Lindsay Taub is an LA-based writer/editor who covers travel, lifestyle, culture, music/arts, food, wellness, and more. She calls Los Angeles home when she's there, but prefers to leave the city for the mountains and open spaces as often as possible. She loves cooking, gardening, live music, hiking with her three rescue dogs, and rustic luxury. Follow her on instagram/twitter @lindsaytaub and follow the Pacific Punch @ThePacificPunch or email email@example.com. Learn more at www.lindsaytaub.com and www.voyagevixens.com .***