WOMEN IN FILM & TV DISCUSS HOW TO SUCCEED IN HOLLYWOOD
After more than 100 years of filmmaking, women still face significant challenges in the entertainment industry. This two-day conference, held at Pepperdine University, will feature over 20 industry professionals sharing their own struggles and triumphs in Hollywood, tips on breaking the glass ceiling, and how they’re working to improve opportunities for women in entertainment. Full agenda HERE.
Friday, November 15 – Saturday, November 16
**Breakfasts and lunches will be provided.
Pepperdine University School of Law
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
- Nell Scovell, coauthor, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
- Lillah McCarthy, senior vice president of original programming, TNT and TBS
- Cari Beauchamp, film historian and documentary filmmaker
- Sharon Lawrence, actress Rizzoli & Isles
- Lesli Linka Glatter, director and co-executive producer, Homeland (TV series)
- Melissa Rosenberg, screenwriter, The Twilight Saga
- Brenda Chapman, writer and director, Brave
** Some panelists are available for pre-interviews. Please call Tiffany Wright at (310) 506-4382 if you wish to schedule a time to speak with them.
Since on-campus parking is limited, all media must RSVP to Tiffany Wright with Pepperdine University at (310) 506-4382 or email@example.com. Please include any dietary restrictions with your RSVP.
Amy Senger is an L.A. transplant by way of Washington, DC, and co-founder of 1X57, named to Washingtonian’s Tech Titans list with her partner Steven Mandzik. Follow her on twitter @sengseng and follow the Pacific Punch @ThePacificPunch or email amy@1×57.com.